Sunday, February 24, 2013

Positive and Negative Space examples


Please note that because of glares from the actual photos, it was not that easy to cut out the precise sillhouette in Photoshop, which is why these individual pieces might look somewhat grainy.  However, I actually like the effect it gave so I didn't actually mind.  Below are the two examples.  The first is the examples of the objects in positive space.  I have tried to illustrate overlap in four areas, the wine bottle to the wine glass, the tea pot to the tea cup, the fork to the plate, and the spoon to the knife.  These were difficult to display in a 3D element.  I feel I could have done a better job by tracing the outside of the dominant object in these instances with either white or black respectively to further illustrate the overlap, but wasn't sure if that was acceptable for the assignment.  The second is the same piece, only showing the negative space. 
 
Below is the second part, where I took the negative space and displayed it differently and added some text.  I guess I envisioned this being on a menu or as an advertisement in traditional media.

No comments:

Post a Comment